We are looking for a Political Analyst to join our Editorial team at our London office. This is an exciting role offering a unique opportunity to combine a passion for politics, editorial and public affairs. This role is to be filled as soon as possible and would suit a graduate considering a career in politics or journalism. The position will allow the successful candidate to develop their knowledge of UK and EU politics and processes, as well as their organisational skills.
As a Political Analyst, you will be involved in:
- Producing clear, concise and well-written analyses of debates and legislation in the UK and EU Parliament, and devolved institutions
- Providing live coverage of statements and questions sessions in the House of Commons on a daily basis when Parliament is sitting
- Attending and reporting on political events, parliamentary Select Committees, party conferences and All-Party Parliamentary Group meetings
- Contributing to political research projects and briefings
- Providing support in the maintenance of our contact management database
- General tasks as directed by Head of Content
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- A degree/postgraduate degree, preferably in Politics or a related discipline
- Knowledge of British and EU politics
- Understanding/experience of UK Parliament (desirable)
- First-class writing skills and an eye for detail
- Editorial/journalism experience (desirable)
- The ability to quickly understand complex information
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of HTML (desirable)
- The desire to learn new things and always improve
- Knowledge of InDesign and web design/editing (desirable)
Based in London and Brussels, DeHavilland is the leading provider of political insight and intelligence on the UK and EU. We provide fast, accurate and relevant information on the latest developments shaping policy and legislation in the UK and EU. We put our clients at the heart of the political agenda by providing mission-critical information and analysis.
DeHavilland is a signatory to the Mindful Employer Charter.
Closing Date: 2 January 2017
Interview: We are looking to hold interviews at the end of the first week in January 2017. We reserve the right to appoint before the application closing date.
Application Details: If you would like to apply for the opportunity to work with us, please submit your CV and covering letter describing your interest in the role and your suitability to email@example.com. Please use ‘Political Analyst Application’ as the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to the large number of applications expected, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The DeHavilland Editorial Team
DeHavilland's Editorial Team is dedicated to bringing clients informative and timely political information in a format that suits their needs.